Our new helpline
Making an enquiry
If you have a question about the Victorian Small Business Commission’s (VSBC) supports, contact us on our new helpline: 1800 878 964. Alternatively, you can reach us by emailing email@example.com.
What kinds of commercial disputes can the VSBC help resolve?
We can help resolve a broad range of matters, such as disputes between:
- two businesses (e.g. over faulty goods or services that haven’t been paid for)
- a franchisee and franchisor (e.g. over misrepresentation)
- a retail tenant and landlord (e.g. over repairing damage to a premises)
- an owner driver and hirer (e.g. over a termination notice)
- a small business and a government department – and more.
How can the VSBC resolve a dispute?
We offer free assistance early on, often just over the phone. Where the dispute can’t be resolved this way, we can progress the matter to low-cost, online mediation (or in person, in some situations).
Mediation is where an experienced professional – the mediator – helps the parties to discuss their dispute and negotiate a fair agreement, without the need for court.
Our services are impartial and confidential, and if needed, we can arrange for an interpreter to assist at no cost.