Supporting business through infrastructure disruption
On this page
Major infrastructure works are currently being carried out to support our growing population, with roads being built, water pipes being replaced and new buildings going up all around us. However the disruption these projects cause can also put a significant strain on small business owners.
In response, the Victorian Small Business Commission created the Victorian small business engagement guidelines for project managers, and a Guide to managing disruption for small business owners.
Victorian small business engagement guidelines
The Victorian small business engagement guidelines is a tool we’ve developed for project managers to support constructive engagement between local small businesses and organisations undertaking disruptive infrastructure projects.
The guidelines help organisations to consider:
- the impact of their work on small businesses
- how they communicate with local traders
- ways in which they can mitigate the effects of the disruption.
Guide to managing disruption
The Guide to managing disruption is a tool we’ve developed for small businesses to help them in managing the impacts of disruptive infrastructure projects.
The guide helps small businesses to:
- understand the scale of the project and the likely impacts on their business
- plan communication with the project manager, customers and other local businesses
- manage the impacts and develop a disruption mitigation plan that works.
For more information or answers to any queries about our resources for managing disruption, email us.