We are currently experiencing delays as we are receiving a much higher volume of enquiries and applications for our help. Please know that we are working as quickly as we can to respond.
Help to resolve a commercial dispute
The people that the Victorian Small Business Commission (VSBC) help include small business owners, commercial tenants and landlords, owner drivers and hirers, farmers and creditors as well as taxi drivers and operators.
Help includes free, specialised assistance early on. If the matter can’t be sorted this way, we can arrange for low-cost mediation where an experienced mediator helps you and the other party to negotiate a fair agreement.
You can apply for our help via our online help portal. Applying is where you fill in a form, explaining your dispute and what you are seeking, and submit it to us.
Making a request
Our help portal is also where:
- owner drivers and forestry and haulage contractors can request a waiver certificate (to waive the minimum period of notice of termination)
- commercial tenants and landlords can request the appointment of a specialist retail valuer (please note the requirements before making a request).
Because the VSBC doesn’t provide legal or other professional advice, we recommend that you consider getting this advice from a suitably qualified and experienced person (e.g. a lawyer, an accountant). This might be helpful and important before and during the dispute resolution process.
If you have any questions about how we can help, call us on 13 8722 or through the Translating and Interpreting Service. If you would like to access any of our application forms in an accessible Word version, contact us.
Accessing our forms
- Five year waiver certificates for retail leases
- Rent relief disputes under the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme
- For all other forms and requests, access the help portal.