How we help
Resolving your business disputes
Is a business dispute stopping you from running your business and costing you time and money?
What can the Victorian Small Business Commission help with?
- Preliminary assistance: VSBC staff will provide information to small business on their rights and obligations to prevent or help resolve issues. This is done by email, over the phone, on the website pages or our brochures and fact sheets.
- Pre-mediation assistance: our staff will contact both parties, by phone, or email to help resolve the dispute.
- Low-cost mediation: we get you and the other party together with an experienced, independent mediator to confidentially discuss issues and try to reach an agreement.
- Information and resources: we offer a comprehensive website, a helpline, information materials, news and events to help you build your knowledge.
- Knowledge building: we educate small business on business practice and behaviours that promote better decision making through events and initiatives.