Small business friendly councils
A partnership between councils and the VSBC
The Small Business Friendly Council (SBFC) initiative has been developed by the VSBC in partnership with local councils to provide small business with the support they need to run their businesses.
The Small Business Friendly Charter outlines shared goals for both the VSBC and participating local councils in working to create a fair and competitive trading environment for small businesses. When signing the Charter local councils are pledging to:
• pay small businesses within 30 days
• support local businesses in managing the impacts of infrastructure projects
• streamline the approval process when starting a business
• help set up and support local business networks.
Small business friendly council animation
Currently, the 29 councils that have signed up to the initiative are:
- City of Yarra
- Glen Eira City Council
- Northern Grampians Shire Council
- Corangamite Shire
- Baw Baw Shire Council
- Latrobe City Council
- City of Wodonga
- Gannawarra Shire Council
- Mount Alexander Shire Council
- City of Kingston
- Yarra Ranges Council
- Wyndham City
- City of Casey
- Frankston City Council
- South Gippsland Shire Council
- Moreland City Council
- Hepburn Shire Council
- Ararat Rural City Council
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cardinia Shire Council
- Moonee Valley City Council
- Mornington Peninsula Shire
- Swan Hill Rural City Council
- City of Greater Dandenong
- Pyrenees Shire Council
- City of Whittlesea
- Buloke Shire Council
- Bass Coast Shire Council.
As we keep rolling out the initiative across Victoria, we encourage all councils to follow their lead.
If you have any questions about the Small Business Friendly Council initiative, email us.