Responding to coronavirus (COVID-19): new translated resources for small business tenants and landlords
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), small business tenants and landlords can now access new fact sheets with the Victorian Small Business Commission’s (VSBC) leasing advice in English, Simplified Chinese, Arabic and Vietnamese.
These resources include information about our supports under the Victorian Government’s Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme (the Scheme), which has been introduced to ease financial hardship faced by some tenants and landlords as a result of the pandemic.
Our digital fact sheets offer:
- information on how to access free mediation through the VSBC to resolve a rent dispute
- the steps tenants and landlords can take under the Scheme
- access to a letter template for requesting rent relief and responses to FAQs
- practical scenarios showing negotiation of rent relief under the Scheme.
The VSBC is here to help small business tenants and landlords of diverse backgrounds to resolve their disputes, be it through:
- talking with them early on via the Translation and Interpreting Service
- bringing them together with an experienced mediator to support fair tenancy negotiations with the help of an interpreter, at no cost to them.
These new resources are one way we’re making our supports more accessible and inclusive. For more information, see our other translated resources for people in small business.