Ongoing support for small business: key to recovery
I recently met with small business commissioners from across the nation and the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman at our regular forum.
So what were the key topics we discussed?
- The impact that different vaccination mandates across jurisdictions will have on small business owners and the challenge of providing them with practical information to help
- The impact of the array of insurance challenges facing small business people and the possible solutions
- The handling of outstanding debts accumulated over the pandemic and the need for thoughtfulness from a range of stakeholders as we move towards recovery
- The opportunity for greater collaboration between the Australian, state / territory and local governments to streamline approvals and reduce the burden on small business.
– Commissioner Lynda McAlary-Smith