Gippsland small business owners will be encouraged to grow their businesses together at free breakfasts and pop-up information centres across the region in April and May.
The ‘Grow Your Business, Together’ events are being held in Traralgon, Morwell, Trafalgar, Moe, Drouin, Yarram, Maffra and Sale.
They follow the successful launch of the initiative in Warragul earlier this month.
The breakfasts will provide business owners and operators with practical tips to help their businesses thrive.
Victorian Small Business Commissioner, Judy O’Connell will speak at each of the events and will be joined at the Traralgon breakfast on Tuesday 17 April by Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, Kate Carnell.
Ms Carnell brings extensive experience and knowledge to the role of ASBFEO, having run her own small businesses for 15 years before she was ACT Chief Minister for five years. Ms Carnell has also held the position of CEO of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (representing over 300,000 businesses across Australia), two years as CEO of beyondblue and four years as CEO of the Australian Food and Grocery Council.
The other breakfasts will feature speeches by Ms O’Connell and a mix of business coaches and social media experts.
According to Ms O’Connell, the breakfasts will be an opportunity for local businesses to network, learn strategies to boost their success, and hear about the value of a combined business voice for their towns.
“In my travels across Victoria as Small Business Commissioner, I’ve seen the correlation between a strong small business network and the success of local businesses in regional towns,” Ms O’Connell said.
“There is already a strong business voice across Latrobe Valley and wider Gippsland towns, and continuing to build on this is important for a thriving business community.”
The breakfasts in Traralgon, Morwell, Drouin and Sale will be followed by free information pop-up centres staffed by representatives from a wide range of local, state and federal government agencies.
“The pop-up information centres provide a chance for business owners to chat one-on-one with agency representatives who can provide advice and answer questions on the spot,” Ms O’Connell said.
“If people want to know more about starting a business, employing staff, reducing energy bills, resolving business disputes, or anything else to do with running a business, then the pop-up information centres are the place to go.”
The free ‘Grow Your Business, Together’ breakfasts all run from 7:15am for a 7:30am start, through to 9am.
To book your place, go to www.eventbrite.com.au and search ‘Grow Your Business, Together’.
The Grow Your Business, Together events are supported by the Victorian Small Business Commission and Latrobe Valley Authority.
Grow Your Business, Together breakfasts
- Traralgon, Tuesday 17 April, Premiere Function Centre. Tickets at www.traralgonbusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Morwell, Wednesday 18 April, Morwell Bowling Club. Tickets at www.morwellbusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Trafalgar, Thursday 19 April, Criterion Hotel. Tickets at www.trafalgarbusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Moe, Thursday 3 May, Turfside Function Centre. Tickets at www.moebusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Drouin, Friday 4 May, Drouin Golf & Country Club. Tickets at www.drouinbusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Yarram, Tuesday 22 May, Yarram Club Hotel. Tickets at www.yarrambusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Maffra, Wednesday 23 May, Duart Homestead. Tickets at www.maffrabusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
- Sale, Thursday 24 May, Star Hotel. Tickets at www.salebusinessbreakfast.eventbrite.com.au
MEDIA ENQUIRIES: Kim Hargest, Victorian Small Business Commission on 9651 7642.