Become a mediator
The next round of applications to become a member of the Victorian Small Business Commission (VSBC) mediation panel will open on Monday 9 September 2019.
The VSBC mediation panel
The VSBC mediation panel is made up of mediation professionals experienced in the area of commercial dispute resolution. They are part of a team of mediators that provide an effective and low-cost solution to disputes for small businesses.
Mediators serve on the panel for two years. After this period, they may choose to reapply when the next round of applications opens.
Applicants should have:
- national mediator accreditation under the national Mediator Accreditation System by a recognised Mediator Accreditation Body
- relevant experience
- knowledge and capability of relevant jurisdictions
- agreed to comply with the VSBC administrative processes
- confirmed ability to attend mediation appointments.
VSBC Policy for Appointment of Mediators
All VSBC mediators need to adhere to the VSBC Policy guidelines under the VSBC Policy for Appointment of Mediators.
Fee structures for mediation services are outlined in the Mediation Fee Policy.
Application and selection process
If you are interested in being a mediator you can apply using the Mediation Panel Application Form.
For your application to be considered, you will need an up-to-date resume and your details listed on the Mediation Standards Board.
Please check if your name is listed on the Mediation Standards Board website.
The VSBC will take your skills and experience into consideration. You will be notified by email once your application has been submitted. If you are shortlisted you may be asked to attend an interview.
We do receive a high volume of applications from highly skilled mediators. We will contact you if your application is successful.
The VSBC reserves the right to:
- change mediation panel appointment and reappointment requirements
- appoint, reappoint and remove mediators from the panel.