The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is conducting an inquiry into retail electricity supply and prices in Victoria, Queensland, NSW, South Australia, Tasmania, and the ACT and has released an issues paper.
The ACCC would like to hear what small businesses have to say and is seeking submissions in response to the issues paper by 30 June 2017. You can email submissions to email@example.com.
Of particular interest is feedback on:
- difficulties in comparing retail electricity offers
- the structure and content of retail electricity bills
- the importance of price and other contract terms
- understanding of time-limited discount offers
- why businesses have switched electricity providers, the reasons for switching if they have or if they have not switched why this is so
- any misleading or deceptive conduct or other unfair trading practices that occur in the retail electricity markets
- awareness and use of electricity price comparison tools.
Also of interest are any examples of electricity bills where electricity use/consumption is static but bill costs have increased.